“This is an era of personal identity when every individual is different from another and generalizations and stereotypes fit no more; we need unique products for every single person.”
You might be in love with your phone, but maybe you wish that your phone’s animation would have been a bit faster or you simply want to make the corners of your full-screen display cut out, we all want to customize our interface a bit. Sometimes user interface provided by your custom UI isn’t completely according to you. Actually, many times a lot is available to customize, you just need the proper know-how.
Developer mode is also beneficial to test and improve the software you’re working on, basically if you’re a developer. It’s quite useful because it is a way to get very personal feedback for instance how the layout of your app will look on other users’ phones.
In this article, I’m going to tell you how to enable the developer mode on your phone.
What is ‘Developer Options’?
Before we start with opening developer options on your mobile or tablet, let me give you a quick explanation of what we are talking about.
‘Developer options’ is a list of customizations and more in your phone settings. It allows you to shape your user experience on the phone and also helps you practice in developing.
How to Enable Developer Options in Your Android Phone
- Open your phone settings.
- Go to About Phone.
- You’ll see the name of the custom UI of your android phone and the version of UI. User Interface (UI) varies from phone to phone. For instance, if it is a phone by Xiaomi, it might have MIUI and probably it might be written like MIUI Global 11.0.2. Oppo mostly uses Color OS interface in its Smartphones.
- After you found the UI, tap on it for many times. The system will give you responses saying you’re 4 steps from being a developer, tap more and you’re 3 steps from being a developer, and so on.
After enough taps on UI, you’re now a developer.
After you’ve enabled developer options you’ll find the options in your settings.
How to Open Developer Options in Android Phone
- Go to phone settings.
- Try to find developer options.
- You might see additional settings instead, tap on it and developer options might be on that list.
Now you know about enabling and opening developer options in your android phone, you can change settings in-depth to base the user experience uniquely suited to you. Change the animation scale and duration, enable USB debugging, share the internet via USB and a lot. However, you may not want to interfere with the settings you don’t have knowledge of and get a friend’s help.
Also, use it to inspect the layout of the apps or track your pointer location and be the critic of your development yourself.