Web Connector is installed in the system to make the web communications easier. It enables qbXML and qbposXML to flow through an application on the web that initiates communication among the web services that are used at that time. One of the connector jobs is to automatically schedule and simplify the connection process.
QuickBooks web connector is from Microsoft to exchange data between web services and QuickBooks Desktop products.
QuickBooks Web Connector Error
It can be annoying when QuickBooks Web Connector encounters errors since there are so many possibilities.
Let me list most of the QuickBooks errors.
Error Code What Does It Imply?
QBWC1005 Web Connector not able to create log file and hence not running,
QBWC1006 Web Connector not able to locate right log file and hence not running
QBWC1007 User unable to see QB when clicking on it since QuickBooks not connecting properly
QBWC1008 Unable connecting to QuickBooks company file properly
QBWC1009 Can’t connect user QuickBooks application currently because QB not running
QBWC1011 Can’t locate the APP in the registry directory
QBWC1016 Unable to update due to no application selected
QBWC1018 Application that you clicked is unavailable to open
QBWC1019 You mistakenly selected None during opening APP
QBWC1020 Pending Scheduled to jobs to run currently1
QBWC1022 Error in connecting to QuickBooks software
QBWC1023 Because of errors in QB software web connector isn’t connecting to Application
QBWC1030 You Forgot to set the password
QBWC1032 There are updates available for APP but can’t locate APP in registry directory
QBWC1033 QWCLog.txt file isn’t initialized keeping web connector from running
QBWC1035 Can’t resolve Dns.Resolve Localhost
QBWC1037 Update aborted, can’t check QB web connector version
QBWC1038 Error in master key input
QBWC1039 Unable to edit the new application in the registry
QBWC1040 Problem in set username or password, or both.
QBWC1048 Unable to validate web application server certificate
QBWC1085 QB not able to write to the log file
It is a long guide to get your QuickBooks application rid of any errors if you don’t know the cause of the error. However, a few of them can be resolved by turning off the sync manager in your QuickBooks. Also, reading the above table on error might give you a hint as to what is the problem that you’re facing. this way, you can directly search for your specific issue.
QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Number
For immediate help support, you can call QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support team number.
QuickBooks web connector timeout
Here in this article, I’m going to talk about QuickBooks Web Connector errors, unhandled exception, install interrupted, stopped working and see how to fix them.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1039
QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1039
Error QBWC1039 occurs when there is a problem adding the application. The error message received can be one of these:
If the QuickBooks company data file is not open, a call to the “BeginSession” method must include the name of the data file.
This is caused by a few problems with company file.
- Maybe your company file was renamed, relocated, or it doesn’t work.
- Probably you didn’t configure
To solve this error:
- Login as administrator in your QuickBooks company file in single-user mode.
- Go to Edit then Preferences then Integrated and then Open Applications to select the company preferences.
- Uncheck the boxes allowing automatic login. To do this open the properties tab after highlighting the application and then uncheck the box ‘Allow this application to login automatically.’
- Restart Your QuickBooks.
- Reset login automatically mode and user with sufficient permissions.
- Now re-login in single-user mode as administrator and go from edit to Preferences to Integrated Applications to Company Preferences as we did before.
- Follow the same step to checkbox back to allow login automatically and select user with admin permissions.
- Restart your QuickBooks.
This application does not have permission to access this QuickBooks company data file. The QuickBooks administrator can grant access permission through the Integrated Application preferences.
The error implies the QuickBooks Web Connector isn’t allowed to connect to QuickBooks Desktop.
This is a simple fix:
- Go to company preferences via Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications > Company Preferences Tab
- Uncheck ‘Don’t Allow any applications to access company file‘.
- Find QuickBooks Web Connector and make sure it is selected.
- After that, import the Web Connector file again.
Unique Owner ID/File pair value required.
- QuickBooks moved to a new computer.
- When trying to set up many users.
QuickBooks Web Connector
- Open the company file you’re having trouble with after opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- Create a backup copy of the file.
- When done, click the QBWC CP3 tool back up in the Taskbar to bring it on the screen.
- Open select file.
- Find .qwc file and click remove stamp.
- Choose ‘whenever the QuickBooks company file is open‘ when the Application Certificate appears and click continue.
- Click Yes and Done in the application access request dialogue and access confirmation message respectively.
- When asked to make a backup, click yes. You’ll see a confirmation message if it worked.
- Now you just need to install the .qwc file in the Web Connector. Do this by opening add application in Web Connector, open your .qwc file and enter your password and click yes.
Unable to add FileID to company file for this Application.
. This error is returned when you add applications many times from the same location.
If you see this error, you need to get in touch with the professionals
Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
You might encounter QuickBooks unable to write to log file error or the exception type error. This error is categorized as QuickBooks error 1085. The error message can appear as:
“QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.”
“There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks will continue without writing to log file.”
“Exception Type Error: Unknown Name”
How to Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
We have brought out a few methods that are sure to work. Follow our guide on fixing QuickBooks error 1085.
- Open Run window. To do this press Win+R on your keyboard.
- Type MSConfig in it and click ok.
- Open Startup tab, and search for QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Mark the checkbox for QuickBooks, apply and click ok.
- Restart your computer and see if it worked.
- Open taskbar and locate QuickBooks icon in it.
- Right-click on the icon and select exit.
- Open Windows File Manager and go to log folder of QuickBooks Web Connector (C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ QBWebConnector\ log folder)
- Rename QWCLOG.TXT file to QWCLOGOLD.TXT
- Reboot your computer and check if the issue with the Web Connector has been resolved.
- Method 3
If you’re not connected your QuickBooks to third party programs:
Remove your Web Connector:
- Log in as Windows Administrator on your computer.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- Find the QuickBooks Web Connector file and delete it.
- Restart your computer. Open QuickBooks.
Did it Work?!